I have thunk and thunk and thunk about the next layer of this quilt for 3 days. I have pulled every fabric in my stash to see what worked. I refuse - refuse -to buy one inch of fabric for this thing. Everything must come from my stash. So I took some dots and some Tula and threw them together to get this liberated sawtooth border.
The picture doesn't do this thing justice. It's so dang cute I can't sit still! It gives my tummy a tickle when I look at it! Goofy - yes. But true none the less.
I used the red to "anchor" the center layers. I added the purple to balance the red and add a touch of whimsy by the mixing of unlikely colors. I messed up one of the teeth, but I'm not fixing it. I kinda like that the liberated blocks look messy and crooked. I did not, however, like that I messed up the scrappy square border. I ended up fixing that.
So now the next layer - probably will require a few days of more thinking and fabric pulling and head scratching.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!